The purpose of the Flow Sensor Calibration is to determine the number electronic pulses from a flow sensor that are generated by a gallon of water flowing through your system. In this calibration, you'll be filling a 5 gallon bucket with water and the software will do the calculations for you.
We preset the calibration values for a 1" supply line equipped with typical commercial flow sensors, but still recommend you perform a calibration on each sensor to get the most accurate data from your system.
Flow Sensor Calibration steps:
- Open the Flow-Know app and select a controller you'd like to calibrate.
- Wait for your phone to connect to the controller (3-4 seconds).
- Go to the Configuration page and select the sensor you're going to calibrate.
- A series of pop-up windows will be displayed directing you to:
- Select a calibration type...you'll be using the "Test" option.
- Start the calibration.
- Fill a 5 gallon bucket with water from your system (refer to the Owner's Manual for more information the first time you do a calibration).
- Stop the calibration when the bucket is filled.
- The controller software will calculate the new calibration value and the app will display the value in the final popup window. This value will be used until the next time you perform a calibration.
A more detailed explanation of this process (with diagrams and phone screen shots, etc.) in the Calibration section of the Owner's Manual.